The UNESCO protected V&A museum collection is one of the most important cultural collections in the world. World of Wedgwood is home to over 80,000 artifacts (3,000 objects on display) including a treasured archive with insights into industrial and social history, fashion and politics from the mid 18th century onwards. World of Wedgwood, a VisitEngland Gold Accolade venue in Stoke-on-Trent offers the visitor an understanding of the unique artisan skills and techniques developed over 260 years of innovation to create world renowned ceramics. A working factory within the grounds showcases the very best of ceramic craftsmanship from casting to hand painting, glazing and ornamentation still in production today. In addition, World of Wedgwood boasts a variety of spaces to host meetings and events and the refurbished Darwin Suite, named after Josiah Wedgwood’s Grandson – Charles Darwin, celebrates science and innovation together with catering for all types of events. Established in 1759 and credited with the industrialisation of the manufacturing of pottery, Josiah Wedgwood brought about an extraordinary movement as a potter, entrepreneur and marketeer. Recognised around the world for his craftsmanship he created the very best of British pottery and achieved global success throughout the aristocracy and the rest of society.
- A Wedgwood Factory Tour offers a behind the scenes view on all aspects of quality ceramic production. Including iconic Jasper pieces in production showcasing the pinnacle of ceramic craftsmanship, with skills developed 260 years ago alongside new processes to produce world-famous ceramics – Open Monday to Friday (max group size 15 for guided tours) – Discovery Experience |Self-guided Factory Tour and Museum included for all delegates
- Tailored tours of the Museum provide a stimulating experience and can illustrate important objects from over the four centuries of Wedgwood creation and innovation in addition to the life of Josiah Wedgwood. (max group size 15)
- A unique experience can be created to showcase some of the 80,000 objects not on show within the Museum and offer VIP access to the Wedgwood reserve collection and archives. (max group size 15)
- Bespoke lectures and talks are available to discover the history and heritage of the ceramics industry tailored to the interest of the group, in addition to adding your own flair by learning how to throw a traditional pot and designing your own plate. (max group size 15)
- Master Craft Studio | Pot Throwing – £15 p.p including firing and postage within the UK Decorating Studio | Design Your Own – from £15 p.p including postage within the UK
* In 2019 World of Wedgwood will celebrate 260 years of creation and innovation with a programme of events and activities on offer.