Acting as a Local Host and bringing an event to your region will bring both personal and professional benefits to you, your organisation and the region itself.
WHY BECOME A LOCAL HOST
- Contributing to the overall knowledge base and economy of the region.
- Putting the region on the map both nationally and internationally for its scientific excellence.
- Creating prospects of funding and investment through collaboration and integrated international working.
- Attracting key scientific global influencers to the region.
- Promoting the region for its Brilliant Science!
- Increasing your professional reputation amongst peers and becoming a recognised expert within your field of expertise.
- Providing the opportunity to meet with and collaborate with like-minded people which can lead to joint funding, publications and research.
- Being able to tailor the content of a relevant conference.
- An opportunity to be part of sharing knowledge and best practice with professionals all across the world.
- Becoming a local host you will be eligible for a whole range of support from the region’s destination marketing organisations at every step of the event process, from bidding to hosting. They will help you:
- Explore the event particulars, finding out if the region can accommodate it.
- Submit an expression of interest on your behalf (if required).
- Develop and produce the bid, both in written and presentation format if required.
- Source letters of support from influential agencies including government.
- Connect to influential contacts in the region and nationally.
- Provide financial support if costs are incurred during the bidding process e.g. printing, travel to present etc*
- Finding the most suitable and cost-effective venue and accommodation for the event.
- The organisation and funding of any site inspections that may be required for the decision makers*
- Identify a suitable professional conference organiser (if required).
- With regional marketing, PR and advertising material and support, including information regarding our bespoke Brilliant Science tours.
- Supporting you with the development of the conference organising committee.
- Development of the social (and spouse) programme
- With advice on obtaining income through exhibition and sponsorship.
*subject to application
Host your conference at one of the many venues available in our three regions: